Air Duct Cleaning Services to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Why is it so important to keep the air quality clean in your home? Cleaning your air ducts can help minimize allergies, asthma, and other sicknesses related to poor air quality. Cleaning your air ducts is one of the primary ways to keep the air clean in your home to keep you and your family safe and healthy.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air quality can be more polluted than outdoor air. The buildup of dust, pollen, pet dander, and other airborne contaminants can cause indoor air pollution and can also contribute to allergies and other symptoms due to contaminated air. These air pollutants can cause immediate and long-term health problems. Because we spend a significant time indoors, keeping your indoor air quality clean is important to protect your health.
Rely on the experience of ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration for expert air duct cleaning service in West Central Illinois and Northeast Missouri. Call us today!
Do You Have an Indoor Air Pollution Problem?
- Do you have an air circulating system that utilizes a standard fiberglass filter?
- Do you have pets?
- Are there smokers in the house?
- Does anyone in our house suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you regularly clean excessive dust accumulations from your household furniture?
- Do you experience headaches nausea, burning sensations in the nose, throat, or eyes when inside the home?
- Do you have dust trails or discoloring coming out of your air duct registers?
- When you last changed your furnace filter, did you see dust and dirt inside the filter housing?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may have Indoor Air Pollution.
Consider Having Your Ducts Cleaned if You Have:
- Lived in your home for more than 10 years and have never had the ducts cleaned
- A newly constructed home.
- An existing house that has been remodeled or was under construction
- Purchased a home and don’t know if the ducts have ever been cleaned
What to Expect From an Air Duct Cleaning Service Provider
If you choose to have your ducts cleaned, ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration will:
- Open access ports or doors to allow the entire system to be cleaned and inspected.
- Use vacuum equipment that exhausts particles outside the home, or we may use High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuuming equipment if the vacuum exhausts inside the home.
- Protect carpet and household furnishings during cleaning.
- Use well-controlled brushing of duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning to dislodge dust and other particles.
- Use only soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass. Flex duct can also be cleaned using soft-bristled brushes or an air whip connected to an air compressor.
- Remove, clean, and reinstall all registers and vents.
- Take care to protect the duct work, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes the service provider may have made or used so they are airtight.
Did You Know?
- Dirty, restricted air ducts drastically increase utility costs.
- ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration technicians are trained to clean all types of duct work, even ‘flex duct’ and fiberboard ducts.